Monday, January 16, 2012

Anyone Hungry?

March 23, 2012.  Remember the date!

That is the day that the Hunger Games gets released.  I know there are a lot of highly expected movies this year (Avengers, Batman, Hobbit, etc.), but I am really excited about this movie.

My wife has been pushing me to read the Hunger games series and I started them last week.  I finished the first book that week.  This weekend I finished the second book and I'm already a portion of the way into the third book.  It is really good.  My biggest fear will be that the movie will not live up to the book.  However, I've been told that the Author (Suzanne Collins) was a part of writing the screenplay, which gives me hope.

For comparison:
Harry Potter was a great book series and the movie was pretty good.
Percy Jackson was a good book series but the movie was not that good.

So, there is probably a 50/50 chance of it being good or bad.

I also wonder how bloody the movie will be because the book was pretty bloody.

Here's the trailer






No comments:

Post a Comment